The Lithgow Blast Furnace is a heritage-listed former blast furnace and now park and visitor attraction at Inch Street, Lithgow, City of Lithgow, New South Wales, Australia. It was built from 1906 to 1907 by William Sandford Limited. It is also known as Eskbank Ironworks Blast Furnace site; Industrial Archaeological Site. It was added to the New South Wales State Heritage Register on 2 April 1999.
The Blast Furnace was the sole producer of iron in Australia for the first seven years of its life. It remained a major producer for the next thirteen, until its closure in 1928. It reflects the growth of the Australian iron and steel industry and the confidence of the emerging nation. These industries were also of enormous importance to New South Wales and Lithgow in particular
A monument to Lithgow’s industrial history. It was here that the first iron and the first steel in Australia were cast. William Sandford established the blast furnace in 1886 and it continued production until 1928 when the entire industry was moved to Port Kembla.
The site has now been developed as a park around the remains of the pump house and the foundations of the furnace.